myInnerGo has recently launched two new products to their SPORT & FITNESS pack, to buy these packs you must have already purchased the main SPORT & FITNESS pack. These add-on products are micronutrients and nutrition respectively:
The micronutrient product includes information about possible micronutrient deficiency. Micronutrients are essential vitamins and minerals required for good health as well as growth and development. Micronutrients include bone density and calcium intake, folate, iron, magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, and vitamins such as B12, B6, D, A. Each of these micronutrients have an important role in the body.
- Calcium is well known for being required for building strong bones but has many other roles such as muscle contraction.
- Folate is important for DNA synthesis, cell division and many other bodily functions. Many fruits and vegetables are good sources of folate.
- All of the cells in our body require iron as it is necessary for red blood cell production. Iron deficiency is a major cause of anaemia and the test can confirm how high your risk is for deficiency.
- Magnesium is an important micronutrient in the body and is necessary for the body’s metabolism to function.
- Omega-3 fatty acids play a crucial role in brain function, as well as normal growth and development.
- Selenium is important for the immune system and reducing inflammation.
Vitamins and minerals can be found from a range of sources including fruits and vegetables, most fish (Sardines, salmon, tuna, cod), red meat such as lamb, beef, yogurt, dairy based foods, oatmeal, eggs, brown rice, soya. However vitamin D is not so easily found in food so the best source is sunlight. Sunlight should be taken carefully in small doses in the cooler mornings or evenings and sunscreen should always be worn to protect the skin.
The micronutrient add-on will tell you the risks of deficiencies in all of these, allowing you to better understand and tailor your nutrition to make sure you’re fighting fit and is important for anyone involved in intense sport.
The nutrition add-on concentrates more on the macronutrients that make up the diet, these being Carbohydrates, Fats and Proteins. However it goes deeper by breaking fats into unsaturated and total fats as well as adding nice trimmings such as:
- Obesity Risk, which examines genetics that may lead you to be predisposed to excess fat gain.
- Weight Regain, which describes your risk of possibly regaining weight after an initial loss, this may come in very handy for those involved in aesthetic events that commonly do cuts and bulks!
- Waist Circumference, which explains the possible distribution of fat and the health risks that are associated with such distribution.
- Response to calorie restriction, which looks into the possibility of fat loss from calorie restriction, establishing your preferred method of fat loss, whether that be exercise or diet.
The nutrition add-on is an important add-on for anyone involved in sport especially those involved in weight classed sports like boxing, powerlifting or aesthetic events such as bodybuilding. If you have not yet bought a genetic test from myInnerGo then head over to our webpage at www.myinnergo.co.uk and find out what YOUR body needs and the best ways for YOU to get it!
Posted on 08 Jul 10:40 , 0 comments