Have you ever tried to make pizza with cauliflower base? It is our new favourite recipe- low in calories, loaded with nutrients and totally gluten free. This veggie-powered pizza need to find its way to your stomach.
RECOMMENDED FOR GENETIC DIET TYPE: Reduced Carbohydrates, Balanced Diet
Find out your genetic diet type with the myInnerGo Weight Test.
Ingredients: (1 pizza)
- 2.5 cups cauliflower, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1.25 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 0.25 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbl parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
For the topping:
- Fresh basil leaves or oregano, optional.
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 220C.
2. Grate the cauliflower using a box grater until you have two cups of cauliflower crumbles. Place in a bowl and use oven or microwave until they are soft. After let them cool down. If it is cool enough, wrap cauliflower mass up in the dish towel and ring the water out of it. To get more crustier try to squeeze out as much water as possible.
3. Mix in the egg, one cup mozzarella, salt and pepper and parmesan.
4. Add cauliflowers and mix everything and pat into a prepared pizza pan. Spray lightly with non-stick spray and hold in oven 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
5. Take it out and top it with the sauce, 0.25 cup mozzarella, tomatoes, garlic. Bake in the oven until it`s ready. For the serving use fresh basil or oregano.
Nutrition Facts: (1 serving)
Total kcal: 272kcal
- Proteins: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.4 g
- Total Fat: 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.9g
Posted on 12 Sep 08:44 , 0 comments